Sherry Turkey Bacon Sandwiches
- 2 tsps. finely chopped onion
- 2 TBS. Butter
- 2 TBS. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 TBS. Sherry
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 4 slices of white bread, toasted lightly
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey breast, sliced thin
- 4 thin slices of tomato
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- Cook the onion in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened.
- Stir in the flour, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add milk, whisking until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Add salt and pepper.
- reduce to simmer and keep on heat for an additional 10-15 minutes
- Strain sauce through sieve.
- Add the Sherry and Cheddar, and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Arrange the bread in a pan, divide the turkey and place on top.
- Top each sandwich with a tomato slice and 2 slices of the bacon and spoon the sauce evenly over the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the sandwiches with the Parmesan and broil them for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tops are brown and bubbly.
Top of Page
Back to Sandwiches
Back to SuperBowl Recipes