AP9 24 Protect Plus recommends this helpful checklist to car owners to follow when preparing their car during Fall Car Care Month.
- Coolant should be flushed and refilled every two years. This is a good time to check the engine and the cooling system in order to identify any existing or potential problems before they become headaches.
- Although it varies among manufacturers and individual use, the motor oil should be replaced every 3,000 miles on average. Special wintertime formulas are available and may be necessary for motorists who live in cold climates.
- Check the battery, exhaust system, heater and defroster to be sure they’re all working properly.
- Try to keep your tank at least a quarter full at all times. This will decrease the chances of any moisture in the gas lines from freezing.
- Snow tires and chains may be necessary for harsher climates. Tire tread and pressure should be checked many times each month year round.
- Wiper blades should be replaced twice a year. Check all lights and signals and be sure that headlights are properly aligned for maximum visibility.
Don't miss the high and low daily Cleveland area gas prices
Have a question or tip about cars or driving? Let us know at info@ClevelandSeniors.Com