- 1 quart of strawberries, hulled and rinsed.
- Water as needed
- 1 TBS. arrowroot
- Zest of ½ orange
- ½ cup sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Additional sugar as required
- Put aside about a cup of the best looking berries
- Put remaining berries in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Cook until soft.
- Strain berries through cheesecloth.
- Measure the juice. If it does not total 2 cups add enough water to make it 2 cups.
- Bring to a boil and add arrowroot, zest and sugar.
- Cook for ten minutes or until clear.
- remove from fire and add orange juice and lemon juice
- Add more sugar if needed, but do not make overly sweet.
- Strain through cheesecloth again.
- Garnish with set aside berries and serve cold.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes