Cold Sweet Pepper Soup
- 1 TBS butter or oleo
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 sweet red bell peppers
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. White pepper
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- ½ cup sour cream
- fresh basil as garnish (optional)
Roast or grill red peppers so that they blister.
- remove the skin and the seeds of the peppers
- Melt butter or oleo over medium heat in large saucepan
- Add onion and cook only until soft
- Add peppers and broth and allow mixture to come to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for no more than 10 minutes.
- remove from heat and let soup cool slightly.
- Put mixture in food processor (many people like it better chunky. If you would rather leave it chunky, just cut your peppers into 1 inch pieces)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Using a wire whisk, mix in vinegar and sour cream, until it reaches the texture you want.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve in chilled bowl with optional base as a garnish.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes