End of The Season Minestrone
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 can (15 ounce) white beans drained and rinsed twice
- 2 ½ cups of a combination of vegetable broth and water.
- ¼ cup each Basil and Parsley, fresh if possible, minced
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3-4 TBS balsamic vinegar (3 if you use regular Balsamic Vinegar and 4 if you use white Balsamic vinegar)
- 2-3 TBS. Olive oil
- ¾ cup croutons (garlic or cheese flavored if you'd like)
- Prepare the vegetables as follows: peel and dice tomatoes, dice yellow pepper, green onions and zucchini and finally chop the garlic.
- Add vegetables and white beans to the broth-water mixture.
- Add basil, parsley, salt and pepper,
- Cover and refrigerate long enough to blend the flavors - a few hours is sufficient
- Just before serving stir in vinegar (taste as you go and remember Balsamic Vinegar is potent.
- Add olive oil and croutons.
- Serve hot or room temperature. .
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes