- 1 can of cinnamon rolls, with icing
- 3/4 cup of sugar, separated into 3 parts of 1/4 cup each
- food coloring
- Separate the cinnamon rolls and roll them out by hand so that they are elongated tubes, somewhat like a hot dog.
- After having washed it thoroughly, hide a small plastic baby doll in the dough.
- Shape the roll into an oval, pinch the ends together, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook as directed on cinnamon roll can.
- While they are cooking, use food coloring to dye sugar. Make one part purple using (blue and red), one part green, and one part gold (yellow).
- When they are finished cooking, frost the tops with the white frosting. Sprinkle the different colors of sugars around the oval, alternating the colors.
If you think this is cheating because you are not making the Cinnamon Rolls from scratch, go ahead and use your favorite recipe (we'd love to have you share it with us, too!) But Mardi Gras is more about having fun and partying and eating the delicious foods than it is about preparing them.
So lighten up! Enjoy the day! And save the cooking and cleaning for another time
Learn more about Mardi Gras