- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 TBS oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee (cold and strong)
- ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 2 cups sifted All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Allspice
- ¾ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Clove
- ½ cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 9 x 9 inch pan
- In large mixing bowl beat eggs well.
- Add sugar to eggs and beat again.
- Sift all dry ingredients together
- Add all remaining ingredients - EXCEPT almonds to the egg mixture and mix again.
. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 45 minutes. Toothpick will come out dry when cake is done.
Top of Page
Back to Holiday & Seasonal Recipes
Back to Jews in Cleveland
Back to Rosh Hashanah Recipes