Polish Easter Bread
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 package yeast
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oleo
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 box seedless raisins
- ½ cup brown sugar boiled together with
- 1/3 cup water boiled together with
- ¼ cup rum
- Mix ¾ cup of flour and yeast.
- Combine milk and oleo in a sauce pan, heat, but do not boil.
- Pour milk into bowl with flour and yeast.
- Add remaining dry ingredients. Mix.
- Add eggs 1 at time to about ½ cup flour to make a thick batter.
- Beat for about 2 minutes.
- Cover and let rise till doubled.
- Stir in raisins.
- Turn out into a 2 quart greased tube pan.
- Let rise uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Before removing form pan and while still hot from oven : prick to with a fork and pour rum syrup over cake
Top of Page
Back to Breads & Rolls
Back to Easter Recipes