- Small onions (about 10 per diner)
- Chapagne or other Sparkling Wine
- Peel, but do not slice onions.
- Place onion sin pan and cover with cream
- Bring cream to a rapid boil and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add generous amount of wine (to taste).
- Sweeten with honey and season with salt. (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put onions in baking dish and pour sauce over the top.
- Bake until onions are tender and the sauce is reduced.
- Onions should be nicely browned on top.
Top of Page
Back to Easter Recipes