Tasty Ham and Potato Soup
- 2 cups cottage ham, cubed OR one large piece of cottage ham
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 10 TBS. White all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 TBS. butter, melted
- ½ cup canned chicken broth
Combine potatoes, water, onion, celery, salt and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Cook until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- In separate bowl, mix flour and one cup milk, blending well.
- Add flour/milk mixture, butter, chicken broth, ham and remaining milk to large saucepan with potato mixture.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until heated through and thickened. If using a piece of ham instead of the cubes the ham should go in with the vegetables and will need to cook longer.
- Cooling slightly before serving will thicken soup.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes
Back to Cottage Ham