- 2 tbs. Butter
- 2 tbs. EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil.)
- 2 lbs. fresh boneless chicken breast.
- 3 boxes long grain & wild rice
- 1 lb. Sliced fresh Mushrooms
- 2 large onions (Chopped)
- 4 to 5 Ribs fresh celery (Chopped)
- 4 to 5 fresh carrots (Chopped)
- 6 cups 2% milk
- Chicken Stock (per directions on rice package- use chicken stock in place of water to prepare rice.)
Clean and slice the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
In the soup pot, sauté onions and mushrooms, in butter & olive oil,
for about 7 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
Add in chicken breast and sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Add chicken stock, rice mix, seasoning packets, celery and carrots.
Cook until most of the chicken stock is absorbed by the rice and the
celery & carrots are tender.
Add in the 6 cups of milk and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
You can add more chicken stock or milk to get your desired consistency. The rice will absorb a lot of moisture, even after its all finished.
Note: This recipe is from Volume II of Cleveland Cooks!
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes