Cold Asparagus and Crabmeat Bisque
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus
- 3 cups clam juice
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- ¾ pound lump crabmeat
- Prepare asparagus by washing and snapping off thick bottoms.
- Cut asparagus into about 1 inch pieces.
- Put clam juice and water (along with any juice from the crabmeat) into a non-reactive pot.
- After the liquid comes to a boil add the asparagus.
- Lower the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender. Do not cook to the point of the asparagus loosing it's color.
- Transfer contents to a blender (it will take more than one batch) and puree until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and mix together.
- Chill for at least 2 hours - the mixture should be very cold.
- Pour into chilled soup cups and top with the lump crabmeat.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes