Lake Erie Beer Battered Perch
- 4 lbs Lake Erie Perch
- 4 cups pancake mix
- 6 cans beer
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Quart Peanut Oil
- Rinse and pat dry perch.
- Place on paper towel
- mix 1 cup pancake mix with ½ cup of beer, (a little thicker than pancake batter).
- Dredge fish in flour, let sit for 5 minutes or so .This will attach the batter to the fish.
- Dip the fish in the batter and shake off excess.
- Drop in the oil deep fry until golden brown, enjoy and have a beer.
Some helpful cooking tips for this recipe:
- Make sure your oil is kept at a constant temperature not more than 375 and not less than 340 degrees.
- When you batter fry the fish, always make sure the batter is cold. Cold batter will prevent the fish from absorbing too much oil.
Submitted By: Chef Jerry Cook, ClevelandSeniors.Com Cooking Expert
Top of Page
Back to 4th of July Recipes
Back to Main Dish Recipes