- 12 oz (1 bag) Fresh or frozen Cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Adobo sauce* or spicy taco sauce
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White® Breast Tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 4 Whole wheat buns
- Place first nine ingredients in large saucepan. Boil over medium high heat 10 to 15 minutes until sauce is thickened and cranberries burst, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Place tenderloins on lightly greased, preheated grill. Sprinkle with cumin. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Grill over medium high heat 10 to 20 minutes per side until turkey is no longer pink in center.
- Cut tenderloins diagonally width-wise into 1/2-inch slices. Place 3 to 4 slices on bun. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over turkey. Makes 4 servings.
- Note: For smoother sauce, puree in food processor.
* Adobo sauce is available in the Mexican food section of grocery stores.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 570 (4% Calories from Fat), Protein 33g, Carbohydrate 106g, Fiber 7g, Fat 3g, Sat. Fat 0g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 950mg
Recipe courtesy of the Cranberry Marketing Committee.