- 1/2 cup medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery cut into ¼ inch pieces (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 TBS butter or margarine
- 2 Cups turkey broth or chicken stock
- 3 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 Cups cubed leftover, cooked turkey
- 1/4 Cup cornstarch
- 2 Cups milk
- Sauté onion and celery in butter until vegetables are tender, but still crisp.
- Add broth, potatoes, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in turkey.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and milk.
- Stir into soup and cook, but do not boil until thickened.
- Stir often
- Sprinkle chives over the chowder when it is served.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes
Back to Thanksgiving Recipes