- 2 TBS. minced onion
- 3 TBS. butter
- 1 TBS. flour
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 TBS. Madeira (optional)
- Cook onion in butter until soft.
- Add flour and cook until smooth. Stir often.
- Stir in peanut butter and add chicken broth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often , over low heat until thickened and smooth.
- Add cream.
- If you are going to add the Madeira do so just before serving.
NOTE: Do not judge a soup by it's name - this is wonderful!