Not One But Four Onion Soup
- 3 TBSP. Butter
- The white part of 3 large leeks, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 ˝ cup half & half cream
- 1 bunch of chives - chopped
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add leeks, onions and shallots and sauté until soft, but not yet brown.
- Add the broth and continue to cook until it comes to a boil.
- Simmer on a lower heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree mixture in a blender
- Return to saucepan and stir in cream and some of the chives (hold some out for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat thoroughly, but do not allow mixture to boil once cream has been added.
- Garnish with remaining chives.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes