- 2 lbs. Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 TBS. Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 3 cans creamed corn (14.75 ounces each)
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Approximately 2 cups of milk - (this will vary depending on how thick you want it to be.
- Boil potatoes in salt water until soft.
- Mash ½ of the potatoes and set aside
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Crumble and set aside.
- Fry the onion in the bacon grease until translucent.
- Put the cooked onions into a large stockpot. Add the flour and heat until the mixture is bubbly and the flour is dissolved.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil - stir frequently, so it does not scorch.
- Once it boils, add the salt, pepper, bacon, corn and potatoes.
- Heat soup until hot.
- Serve garnished with a dash of paprika, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, and if you want to save any of the crisp bacon, you can crumble some on top.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes