- 2 oz. Butter
- 12 oz. Finely diced chuck steak
- 1 lb. Potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 3 onions peeled and finely chopped
- 4 leeks, peeled and cut into rings
- 1lb. Of carrots peeled and cut in julienne strips
- 1 small cabbage finely shredded
- 1 small Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 4 pints boiling water
- salt and pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the meat, toss gently in the hot butter and remove from the pan.
- Place all the prepared vegetables into the pan juices and stir over a gentle heat to coat with the butter.
- Return the meat to the pot.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in the water and pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Add the salt and pepper and simmer gently over a low heat for 1½ hours.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes