- 5 pounds beets
- 3 medium potatoes
- 5 medium onions
- 2 TBS salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 whole eggs )
- Wearing Plastic Gloves: Peel beets and grate coarsely.
- Place into large soup pot with enough water to cover.
- Peel and dice potatoes and onions.
- Add onions and potatoes to pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and continue until all ingredients are soft. This will probably take an hour or more.
- Add lemon juice.
- In a separate pot beat the eggs.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the beaten eggs very slowly, stirring constantly to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Serve warm or cold.
Top of Page
Back to Holiday & Seasonal Recipes
Back to Jews in Cleveland
Back to Passover Recipes