Cold Tomato Soup (Gazpacho)
- 5 blanched almonds
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1/3cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 finely chopped onion
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cups V8 or tomato juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Mash the almonds with the garlic and a few drops of oil until it becomes a paste.
- Put them in the bottom of an earthenware or pottery bowl.
- Peel the tomatoes and chop into rather large chunks. Do not crush the tomatoes.
- Put the tomatoes in the bowl; add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Chill several hours before serving.
Top of Page
Back to Soup Recipes