Ingredients and Instructions:
- Chestnuts that are full, dark, shiny (not dull)
- Using a sharp knife, slit the chestnuts with one long slit from top to bottom.
- Preheat oven to 425 until ready to cook.
- Place the chestnuts on a metal pan
- Change oven setting to broil and put chestnuts in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Shake the pan after about 10 minutes to help them roast more evenly.
- The chestnuts should be completely soft on the inside. The surface of the nutmeat should be almost golden brown and a little crisp.
- Serve with shell attached.
Top of Page
Back to Christmas Recipes