Preview of the Hidden Treasures of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
Josaphat Arts Hall
1433 East 33rd Street
There are efforts underway to create a Museum of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland for "the protection and display of the archives, art, cultural traditions and religious heritage of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Cleveland."
A Preview of the Hidden Treasures of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland is being held at Josaphat Art Hall on East 33rd Street.
If you are interested in more information or contributing to the planned Museum, please contact Richard Day at 216-696-6525 x 1042
or at Richard Day
Catholic Diocese of Cleveland Foundation
1404 East 9th Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
Sculpture of the Blessed Virgin Mary
This hand-carved statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary has been in the posession of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Augustine since the 1860's.
Tintinnabulum - (gong)
A Tintinnabulum is a metal gong rung at various points in the celebration of the Mass. This tintinnabulum was used at the former St. Martin parrish at 23rd and Scovill Avenue.
This bishop's "hat" is dated 1888 and is made of enamel, gold and precious and semi-precious stones.
Reliquary of the True Cross
In 1953, His Eminence Clemente Cardinal Micara, the Vicar General of Rome, gave Archbishop Edward Hoban a relic of the true cross. Archbishop Hoban commissioned this reliquary to hold it for veneration.
Amelia Yuncker Chalice
This chalice is from the 1930's. It was used at St. Peter Parish
Scullen Chalice and Patten
This was owned by Rev. William Scullen, pastor of Holy Name Parish from 1922-1943.
From St Michael the Archangel Parish
Vestments - Copes, Chasubles
Visit the Preview of the Hidden Treasures and support the Museum of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland.
Back to Top
Back to Catholics in Cleveland