Bacon and Spinach Stuffed Olives recipeIngredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) package light or regular cream cheese (do not use fat free)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 3 tablespoons bottled real bacon bits, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons thawed frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5.75 ounce) cans Lindsay® Colossal Black Ripe Pitted Olives, drained
- In a bowl or food processor, combine cream cheese, basil, bacon, spinach, salt and pepper; process until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a 1-quart zip top plastic food storage bag. At this point, bag may be refrigerated up to 2 days.
- To serve, cut a tiny end off food storage bag (no larger than 1/4 inch width).
- Place corner of bag as deep as possible inside each olive, gently squeeze bag filling olive and letting a small amount of mixture mound out of the top of the olive.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours before serving.
- Makes 12 servings (about 2 dozen stuffed olives).
Want to win a Goodie Bag of Spices? E-mail us with your favorite recipe or kitchen tip and you may win a big bag of spices for your kitchen!
Top of Page
Back to Recipes