Miniature Corn Dogs with Dipping Sauce recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 TBS cold butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 24 little hot dogs or cocktail wieners
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coarse grain mustard
- 1 tsp. dill
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in shortening and butter.
- Mix with fork until consistency resembles heavy crumbs
- Beat egg and milk together and stir into flour mixture
- Form into a soft ball of dough
- Knead gently on a lightly floured surface and roll out to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut with round biscuit cutter making 24 circles
- Place hot dog in center of each circle and fold to cover.
- Press edges together
- Place on greased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes or until dough is golden
- Mix sauce ingredients together
- Serve sauce and hot dogs together whole hot dogs are still warm
Want to win a Goodie Bag of Spices? E-mail us with your favorite recipe or kitchen tip and you may win a big bag of spices for your kitchen!
Top of Page
Back to Recipes