Eight Layer Mexican Dip recipeIngredients:
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 sm. can sliced ripe olives (pitted)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 lg. avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (hot or mild to taste)
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion
- Nacho chips
In medium skillet, brown and drain ground meat.
- Add taco seasoning mix to water and add to ground beef .
- Add refried beans and heat 5 minutes.
- In shallow 1-qt. serving bowl, spread beef and bean mixture.
- Layer remaining ingredients in order given above.
- Serve immediately with bowl of nacho chips.
I saw a seven layer dip in the grocery store prepared food section the other day. $5.98 for a serving not quite big enough for two! This is really not difficult to make and so much cheaper than ready-made. It's also a great presentation item - your friends will be impressed.
Want to win a Goodie Bag of Spices? E-mail us with your favorite recipe or kitchen tip and you may win a big bag of spices for your kitchen!
Top of Page
Back to Recipes