According to the U.S. Census Bureau the number of baby-boomers in the year 2006 will rise to more than 78 million people.
Baby-boomers are defined as the generation born between 1946 and 1964, and 2006 marks the year that the oldest of the boomers will be turning 60, in fact, about 7,900 of them will be turning 60 each day or about 330 people each hour.
The list includes George W. Bush and Bill Clinton as well as such well-known celebrities as Cher, Donald Trump, Sylvester Stallone and Dolly Parton.
Because most of us know a baby-boomer who is getting older this year, Bob Boog, author of Finding Killer Real Estate Deals: Proven Insider Secrets for Investors, Real Estate Agents and Bargain Hunters Like You!, is offering a special quiz that friends, family members and drive-time radio hosts can use to tease and poke fun at any aging baby-boomer who is reaching a momentous milestone in 2006.
Here is how the quiz works. We’ll use "Bob," a baby-boomer born in 1956 who is turning 50 this year as an example. One would simply read the questions aloud to Bob and have this baby-boomer guess the correct answer.
1. For example, who is older, Bob or the state of Alaska?
Answer: Bob. Alaska became a state in 1959 and Bob was born in 1956.
2. Which is older, Bob or the Ten Commandments?
Answer: Just checking to see if you were paying attention.
3. A little tougher… Bob or Disneyland?
Answer: Both are 50 years old, but Disneyland opened in December 1955 and Bob was born in January of 1956, so Disneyland is older.
4. How about Bob or the first publication of Winnie the Pooh?
Answer: Winnie the Pooh was first published in 1928
5. Bob or Leggo Toy Bricks?
Answer: Bob. Leggo toy bricks came out in 1958.
6. Bob or Hula Hoops?
Answer: Bob. Hula hoops were patented in 1958.
7. Bob or the invention of the TV remote control?
Answer: The same age. Both came out in 1956.
8. Who is older, Bob or GI Joe?
Answer: Bob. The GI Joe Action figure was first produced in 1964.
9. Bob or the first modern credit card?
Answer: The first modern credit card heated up in 1950.
10. Bob or The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss?
Answer: Bob: The Cat in the Hat was first published in 1957.
11. Bob or Polaroid cameras?
Answer: Polaroid cameras, 1947.
12. Bob or the discovery of DNA?
Answer: DNA. It was discovered in 1953.
13. Bob or the pocket calculator?
Answer: Bob. The pocket calculator didn’t arrive until 1972.
14. Bob or the first woman appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court?
Answer: Bob. The first woman on the U.S. Supreme Court wasn’t appointed until 1981.
15. Bob or the first report published linking cancer and cigarettes?
Answer: The report linking Cigarettes and cancer was first published in 1954.
16. Bob or the polio vaccine?
Answer:The polio vaccine came out in 1952.
17. Bob or when Hawaii became a U.S. territory?
Answer: This is a trick question. Hawaii became a US Territory in 1900 and later a state in August of 1959, so Hawaii the territory is older.
18. Bob or the PG13 movie rating?
Answer: Bob-- the PG13 rating came out in 1984.
19. Bob or the first organ transplant?
Answer: the first organ transplant was done in 1950
20. Bob or when Velcro was first introduced?
Answer: Both arrived the same year, 1956!
Top of Page
Back to Mind Expanders