Rules for Dogs, Cats and Guests
Dear Dog and/or Cat,
- The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
- The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.
- I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort.
- Look at videos of dogs and cats sleeping, they can actually curl
up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but sarcasm.
- My compact discs are not miniature Frisbees.
- For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. When I exit this room, I will come out the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years. Canine attendance has never been necessary.
- The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dogs' butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.
In return for your following these simple rules, I have posted the following message on our front door:Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:
- They live here. You don't.
- If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
- I like my pet a lot better than I like most people.
- To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter
who is hairy, drools, snores, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
Top of Page
Back To Pet Fun
Don't miss our
Items for Fido and Master
Sorted by Breed