What's New
Health & Fitness
Legal & Financial
Home & Garden
Flowers & Gifts
Lawn & Yard
Safety & Repairs
Arts & Leisure
Forever Young
About Us
Search the Site
Maple Tree
Needs Cables and Rods

Q: I have a maple tree which needs bolted and cabled due to a storm injury. Can you advise me where I can purchase these items?

A: Check your local yellow pages for an arborist supply company. They will have the necessary materials to install cables and rods.

However, I would caution against doing this yourself. The installation of cables and rods can be dangerous, especially if you're aloft in a tree, and should be left to professionals.

Besides, there are industry standards regarding the correct procedures on how and where to install these items for maximum effectiveness, and a professional would/should know what these standards are. By having it done professionally, your results should be the best possible.

When securing an estimate for this work, ask if the company has a Certified Arborist on staff. Certified Arborists have passed an industry test demonstrating they have knowledge in a variety of arboricultural procedures, including cabling and bracing.

Ask our Arborist a question. E-Mail us at:

Top of Page

Back to Trees

Tom Mugridge

Copyright 2001-2004 ClevelandSeniors.Com. All Rights Reserved.
Questions or Comments? E-Mail us at: