Easter Brunch Sausage Casserole
- ½ lb/ bulk pork sausage
- ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- ½ lb. cubed cheese
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 1 cup milk
- 4 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- Brown sausage in a large skillet.
- Drain off fat.
- Add vegetables and cook about 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool 10 minutes.
- After it has cooled , stir cheese and bread cubes.
- Place in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Beat milk and eggs together and pour over sausage mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake, uncovered, about 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Top of Page
Back to Easter Recipes