Cherry Nut Easter Eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 packages (3 oz. each) vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 jar (9 oz.) maraschino cherries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or similar nut
- Powdered sugar
- 1lb. Melted chocolate.
- Cut cherries in half, and drain well on paper towels.
- Cook milk, butter and pudding in a medium saucepan on low heat until well blended and thick.
- Remove from stove and add cherries, nuts and enough sugar to make a thick consistency.
- Form the mixture into 8 to 10 egg shapes with hands coated in butter.
- Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Chill several hours until firm.
- Melt chocolate.
- Frost egg with melted chocolate.
- If desired, decorate with butter cream icing.
Top of Page
Back to Desserts & Sweets
Back to Easter Recipes