- 1 ½ cup raisins
- 3 TBS. sugar
- 2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 TBS. vinegar
- 2 TBS. cornstarch
Put raisins in a small pot with enough water to cover.
- Simmer, covered for about an hour.
- Add mustard, sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Dissolve cornstarch in small amount of cold water; add to sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot with baked ham.
NOTE: The amount of sugar and vinegar used are to taste. Traditionally the sauce is sweet, rather than tart, but if you prefer more zest add less sugar and more vinegar.
Top of Page
Back to Easter Recipes