- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
- 2 cups cooked, chopped leftover ham - divided
- 2 cups peeled, cored and chopped apples - divided
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Generously grease a 9-inch square baking dish or similar sized baking dish
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces; set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the ham, 1 cup of the apples and all of the raisins over the bottom of the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Arrange biscuit pieces, pointed ends up, over the mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining ham and apples.
- In a small mixing bowl combine brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice, maple syrup and egg, blending thoroughly.
- Stir in nuts, then spoon evenly over biscuit pieces and ham/apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle Spice Spiked Glaze over warm coffeecake.
To Make Spice Spiked Glaze
In a small bowl whisk together the confectioners' sugar, bourbon, 1/4 cup apple pie spice, and cayenne pepper until a drizzling consistency is reached (more bourbon or milk may be added if necessary to achieve desired consistency).
Top of Page
Back to Desserts & Sweets
Back to Easter Recipes