Potato Salad Recipe
- 2-3 lbs potatoes
- 3/4 lb sausage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1 cup chick peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- ˝ tsp rosemary, chopped
- Slice the sausage lengthwise into quarters, then cut each into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- Boil unpeeled
- Cut into 1 inch cubes and season with salt, pepper, and a few spoonfuls of vinegar.
- Sauté the sausage in olive oil.
- When sausages are nearly done, add onions and peppers
- Add remaining ingredients (except oil and vinegar) and stir well
- Remove from heat
- Transfer mixture to bowl with potatoes.
- Toss all ingredients together in serving bowl.
- Adjust seasonings as needed
Top of Page
Back to 4th of July Recipes