- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 TBL orange zest
- 1 TBL lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup finely chopped nuts
- 2 TBL Brown sugar
- 5 tsp Milk
- 1 TBL Butter
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12-c bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients except nuts
- Beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 15 minutes; invert onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk and butter
- cook over low heat just until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake
- sprinkle with 1/4 c nuts.
Top of Page
Back to 4th of July Recipes