- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. Canola Oil
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp. ginger, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook onions in oil in saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes (until berries "explode")
- Although usually served cold, this particular chutney is also good warm.
- It can be made up to a week ahead of time, if covered and refrigerated.
Top of Page
Back to Thanksgiving Recipes