Which of the following are true or false?
1. Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a bellybutton.
2. A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.
3. When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop even your heart.
4. Only seven (7) per cent of the population are lefties.
5. 40 people are sent to the hospital for dog bites every minute.
6. Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until they are 2-6
7. The toothbrush was invented in 1498.
8. The average housefly lives for one month.
9. Most of us have eaten a spider in our sleep.
10. The REAL reason ostriches stick their head in the sand is to search for water.
11. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning it's head are the rabbit and the parrot.
12. Humphrey Bogart was related to Princess Diana. They were 7th cousins
Here come the answers
1. False. Alfred Hitchcock was a mammal and therefore at one time had a belly button. However, it is said to have been removed in surgery. He had a number of operations on his stomach.
2 True. According to the Academy of General Dentistry.
3. True-ish. If you said false you could possibly get a point for this one, because not all of the facts are in. But so far, all evidence points to True.
4. True. (well 7-10% actually)
5. False. It is actually less than 1. In 1998 JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association reported that during a three month period an average of 914 dog bites were reported per day. Since there are 1440 minutes in a day that's less than one per minute.
6. False. Babies are born with knee caps, they just do not completely calcify until a little later.
7. True-ish. Some form of toothbrush has been used since 3000 BC but the modern toothbrush was invented in 1938. Stiff coarse hairs were first used in China in 1498 so that maybe that's where this rumor came from.
8. False-ish. It's actually 20-30 days
9. True. Eww.
10. True-ish again. According to Buellton's Ostrich Land they are searching for food, not water and their heads aren't really buried, it just looks like it because they are so tall and they put their heads all the way to the ground.
11. Indiandchild.Com says it's true and why would I argue?
12. Just plain true.