The first Hungarian scout troop in the US was formed in Cleveland, Ohio in the spring of 1951. By the fall of 1951 there was an east side troop in the Buckeye Road neighborhood and a west side troop in Ohio City.
They registered with the Boy Scouts of America. A girls' troop formed in 1952 and split into two troops in 1957 in ht e same neighborhoods.
In 1973, a large group of Cleveland Hungarians gave Andras and Magda Temesvary the inspiration to organize a group to preserve dying folk arts of the Carpathian basin Hungarians; to search out the arts, make them their own, and present them to their viewing audiences.
Visit the Hungarian-American Scouting in Cleveland, Ohio website to learn more about the Scouts.